-
October 21st, 2007, 12:59 AM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi guys:
I'm thinking of replacing 416-8b's with 515-8g's in my A8 clones:
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=P1010011.jpg
I know the 515 is designed for horn-loading but in a flush-mounted system will its reportedly increased sensitivity give more low-freq. oomph to a system which also has an 802-8g?
Will the bolt holes match up? The spec sheets are not super clear on that.
The 802 is way more efficient than a direct-radiating 416, i've learned from experience, and needs some attenuating or higher Xover freq. to make it more balanced.
I read that he 515 has about 4-6db higher sensitivity than the 416, but a higher LF. Still it's fun to tinker.
Thanks ahead of time.
Jon Archibald
-
October 21st, 2007, 01:02 AM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
...PS..I should have written the 515 is more sensitive than the 416 but has a higher LF ROLLOFF point.
Jon ***
-
October 21st, 2007, 01:15 AM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
IMHO it'll be louder with less bass.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks